> [Ted Bunn] I  am trying to find a solution to have one console display,
> keyboard,mouse to be connected to many AS400's. Like an Avocent switch.

If you don't mind having to sign off before switching hosts (and possibly
having to turn the terminal off as well, if you have a 348x and a mix of
plain and enhanced controllers), a simple Twinax switch will do the job.
They're not all that expensive, and I can speak from experience that they
work rather well. (Our oldest is a tad balky, forcing you to jiggle the
knob to get good contact, but the two we got after that are very
reliable).

A simple GOOGLE search on the words "TWINAX SWITCH" turned up some at an
outfit called "cables on line" at
    http://www.cablesonline.net
with a 4-way going for $18, and a 2-way going for $10.

Oh, and if you need to have two terminals sharing, say, 4 Twinax lines,
with each able to access any line, T-fittings seem to work rather well
with our switchboxes.

--
JHHL