> If you are entering the information on your PC and it connects to the
> iSeries via TCP/IP it gets there "over the wire"...

Just as it does even on a Twinax terminal.

On the other hand, there ARE secure TN5250 clients out there. I ought to
know: I wrote most of the front end for the one we sell.

We need to differentiate between SSL encryption, as used by secure TN5250,
one-way encryption, as used for password storage, and "password
substitution," which is the process by which a non-secure TN5250 client
(or presumably Client Access) uses the internal one-way encryption
algorithm to do a secure auto-logon.

--
JHHL