Actually my code was RPG. Didn't look like it?

But if it was a fixed command it would not be better to include a dummycommand
with a parameter 'If Program name, then how used', would it?

The problem is that a program object's program ref is too static.

Yes - of cause all my commands using files defines theese as files.
Another solution I have used is to include in the weekly pgmref-rebuild a
program that writes a source to QTEMP with the same name as the menu FILE with
something like IF 5=7.. then call all programs from the menu file, compile it
and  include it in the rebuild where-used-file.

But - I found no 100% secure way to get a complete x-ref.

Henrik