Yeah, I'll bet you learned to load software at least once per partition
The reason they don't preload software goes back the hardware placement as defined by LPAR planning and resource need, combination and power [ not electrical] of IOPs/IXS etc on a bus. Seems crazy at first but settles to a sane item after you learn it.

LPAR should get better again in the next release what ever that is??

Glenn