Joe, Bob Cozzi was listed for one session in the Fall 2003 Orlando Conference that was not related to COMMON Board of Directors functions.
it was: 31GK 408222 Web Applications with CGI RPG IV

From: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:27:42 -0600
Subject: Conferences other than COMMON
Sender: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
>
> there are people who used to manage to speak at COMMON, and/or
> participate in newsletters, who dropped back from one or the other
because
> of either a change of employer who didn't want them giving something
away
> for nothing, or they independently found someone willing to pay them
for
> what they were doing for nothing.

Actually, I know quite a few of the speakers on the midrange conference
circuit, and I don't know anyone who quit COMMON for purely monetary or
employer reasons.  And there are lots of people who have stopped
speaking at COMMON.

For example, neither Phil Coulthard nor George Farr usually speak at
COMMON, and it's not because they need the money, nor is it because of
their employer.  In fact, from what I understand, Phil will be in San
Antonio because he was specifically asked to do so by his employer.

And other industry experts such as Denoncourt and Pelkie don't speak at
COMMON anymore either.  Even Cozzi quit COMMON.  You might want to ask
them why.

Joe