I suppose that's possible.  Might add some constraints on how many rows
you can insert based on how long your sql statement can be.

I wonder if this can be done via either a MODS or DIMensioned DS?

Benjamin Franklin

"Goodbar, Loyd (ETS - Water Valley)" <LGoodbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
11/04/2003 11:27 AM
Please respond to

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Multiple Row Insert in SQL?

Subfile with PO header & detail... After verifying data input.

Begin commit
Insert into poheader (fields) (values);
Insert into podetail (fields) (poline1), (poline2), (poline3)...
Insert into podistribution (fields) (distributionpoline1),
(distributionpoline2)...
commit

Not that I've seen an application do this, but after the validation
routines
runs, why couldn't it write to the database this way?

Loyd

--
Loyd Goodbar
Programmer/analyst