ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG)
           TOFILE(*FROMFILE)
CPDBC2A - FROMDEV or FROMFILE parameter required.

Benjamin Franklin

bdietz@xxxxxx
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/03/2003 01:58 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: ADDIMGCLGE

I think you need to get rid of the directory path.  Since the IMGCLG knows
where the files are kept there is no need for the directory path.

-------------------------
 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
614-410-9205

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             midrange-l-bounce                                          To

             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical
                                       Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             11/03/2003 08:57                                           cc

             AM
                                                                   Subject

                                       RE: ADDIMGCLGE
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Gave the following a try:
ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG)
           FROMFILE('/fixes/iptf0045_1.bin')
           TOFILE(*fromfile)

CPDBC29
Message . . . . :   Image already exists in image catalog PTFCATALOG.
Cause . . . . . :   Image iptf0045_1.bin already exists in image catalog
  PTFCATALOG at index 1.
Recovery  . . . :   Either specify REPLACE(*YES) or a different file name
on
  the TOFILE parameter and try the request again.

Apparently it insists on doing the copy.  But it will use the same file
name provided that the directory of the FROMFILE parameter is not the same
as
CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG) DIR('/fixes') TEXT('PTF image catalog')
So evidently there is no getting around the sucking sound of disk space
and wasted, wasted time.

Benjamin Franklin

rob@xxxxxxxxx
10/15/2003 01:00 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: ADDIMGCLGE

Thanks for slapping that into my head.  Pi$$ed away a few hours yesterday
waiting for ADDIMGCLGE to complete.

Benjamin Franklin

bdietz@xxxxxx
10/15/2003 12:26 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: ADDIMGCLGE

Rob  did you get the note about ho to not have the files duplicated??
I use the following

ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTF19)
           FROMFILE('/fixes/P19/iptf0019_1.bin')
           TOFILE(*FROMFILE)

Using *FROMFILE will not give you the duplicate ones.

>From the help:
<snip>
*FROMFILE
    The file name will be the same name as source image.  If the
    source image is from optical media, the name given to the file
    will be the volume ID.  If the source image is from another
    directory, the file will be given the same name as that in the
    source directory.
</snip>

-------------------------
 Bryan Dietz
3X Corporation
614-410-9205

             rob@xxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:
             midrange-l-bounce                                          To

             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Midrange Systems Technical
                                       Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             10/15/2003 10:38                                           cc

             AM
                                                                   Subject

                                       RE: ADDIMGCLGE
             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

Dang!  You have to run the ADDIMGCLGE!

> CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(PTF19) DIR('/fixes/p19')
Ownership of object PTF19 in QUSRSYS type *IMGCLG changed.
Image catalog PTF19 created in library QUSRSYS.
> vrycfg cfgobj(optvrt01) cfgtype(*dev) status(*on)
Device OPTVRT01 currently on-line.
> lodimGCLG IMGCLG(PTF19) Dev(optvrt01)
No image catalog entries are in loaded status.
Image catalog PTF19 not loaded to device OPTVRT01.

> DSPMSGD CPDBC10
Message . . . . :   No image catalog entries are in loaded status.
Cause . . . . . :   The loading of image catalog PTF19 found no catalog
  entries to be loaded.
Recovery  . . . :   Use the WRKIMGCLGE command to ensure there is at least
one
  image catalog entry is in loaded status and retry the command.

> WRKLNK '/fixes/P19/*'
Object link            Type
.                      DIR
..                     DIR
ftp0019.txt            STMF
ilst0019.txt           STMF
iptf0019_1.bin         STMF

> ADDIMGCLGE IMGCLG(PTF19) FROMFILE('/fixes/P19/iptf0019_1.bin')

> WRKLNK OBJ('/fixes/P19/*')
Object link            Type
.                      DIR
..                     DIR
ftp0019.txt            STMF
ilst0019.txt           STMF
iptf0019_1.bin         STMF
iptf0019_1.bin01       STMF

> LODIMGCLG IMGCLG(PTF19) DEV(OPTVRT01)
Volume *VIRTUALEXPORT removed from optical device.
Volume C5302273_01 added to optical device.
Image catalog PTF19 loaded in device OPTVRT01.

> VFYIMGCLG IMGCLG(PTF19) TYPE(*PTF) SORT(*YES)

> GO PTF
> 8. Install program temporary fix package

Benjamin Franklin

"Ingvaldson, Scott" <SIngvaldson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/09/2003 02:46 PM
Please respond to

"'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: ADDIMGCLGE

You shouldn't need to, the CRTIMGCLG IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG) DIR('/fixes')
associates the directory with the image catalog and the LODIMGCLG
IMGCLG(PTFCATALOG) DEV(OPTVRT01) loads whatever image is in that
directory.

I have not done this with downloaded fixes, but I did a v4r5 to v5r2
upgrade
and preloaded the image catalog for PTF's by creating it on a v5r2 system
and restoring the directory to the v4r5 system.  After the upgrade I just
did the CRT and the LOD.  I did the VFY and the images were even in the
correct order.

Scott Ingvaldson
AS/400 System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group