--- Ken Sims <mr3111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> >Is it possible to block records for RCVF processing?
>
> It should be possible to block the records.  Was there a message in the
> joblog giving a reason why record blocking was rejected?

No message given. FWIW, job attributes: LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)

>Are you sure the override is correct?

Yes.

>Is there another override from a previous call level or *JOB that
> could be interfering?

No.  In its simplest form for testing this problem, the batch job does the
override, then the RCVF loop (see code below).

> Also, drop the NBRRCDS(100).  It has nothing to do with record blocking
> in a program buffer.  It shouldn't stop record blocking and it is pretty

> harmless in this situation, but it has benefit in very limited
> situations.  Anyone who doesn't understand exactly what NBRRCDS does,
> and when it is of benefit, is better off not using it.

You're right about my not having a full understanding of this.  So I rely
on Simon Coulter, who wrote back March 2000
(http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200003/msg01449.html):

   Specify the BlockingFactor on the OVRDBF command according
   to the effect you want to achieve:

   OVRDBF NBRRCDS(BlockingFactor) controls the number of records
   brought from DASD to main store.

   OVRDBF SEQONLY(*YES BlockingFactor) controls the number of
   records moved from main store to program storage (i.e., program
   record buffer).

   NBRRCDS can be used for both sequential and keyed I/O.  SEQONLY
   can only be used for sequential I/O.

   Sequential I/O + NBRRCDS + SEQONLY = BlindingSpeed

I don't believe I've misused the context with which this was posted, but
correct me if I have.

> Why don't you post more of the program code.

Ask, and thou shalt receive...

Pgm
      DclF       $DspObjdPg
      OvrDbf     $DspObjdPg  ToFile( GBALibSysF/$DspObjdPg ) +
                   NbrRcds( 100 ) SeqOnly( *Yes 100 ) +
                   Secure( *Yes ) OvrScope( *Job )
Loop: RcvF
        MonMsg     CPF0864  Exec( Return )