Re: Connecting to a database that is on Microsoft SQL Server

fixed

--- Bill Hopkins <BHopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I did not know. But thought he could put file in the
> IFS with a mapped
> drive then CPYFRMPCD to PF then read with RPG. It
> would not be direct link and the copy would
> probably take awhile with number of records.
> I go the other way process reads JDE and PKMS info
> and builds PF files
> then CPYTOIMPF each to QOpenSys/Dir/file. After that
> is done I run Remote
> command to run scripted DTS to build into SQL Server
> database.
Actually, using NetServer, you can map a network
server to the iSeries and do a cpyfrmimpf & cpytoimpf
directly from & to the PC server directly from the
iSeries.

But to programmatically read/write records to/from a
PC server using an iSeries application takes a type
III or IV jdbc type driver.