May be a silly question, but is QTEMP in your batch job's lib list?

-----Original Message-----
From: G Armour [mailto:garmour400m@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 1:35 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SndPgmMsg from qtemp/msgfile fails in batch, OK in interactive

Next butt burner...  Please advise what I'm doing wrong here:

  Pgm
      DltMsgF    qTemp/DSPPGRFOBO
        MonMsg     CPF2105  /* object not found */
      CrtMsgF    qTemp/DSPPGRFOBO
      AddMsgD    DPR1234  qTemp/DSPPGRFOBO +
                   Msg( 'DSPPGRFOBO DPR error' ) +
                   Sev( 20 )
      SndPgmMsg  MsgID( DPR1234 ) MsgF( qTemp/DSPPGRFOBO )
  Endpgm

run with job attributes LOG(4 09 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*NO)...

- called interactively, message is sent as expected (shows in joblog)
- called from batch:
  Message . . . . :     1000 - SNDPGMMSG MSGID(DPR1234)
                                 MSGF(QTEMP/DSPPGRFOBO)
DPR1234    Information             20   10/21/03  16:24:19.099536 ...
    DSPPGRFOBX   GBALIBSYS   001C     QCMD        QSYS        01A6
Message . . . . :   Message file DSPPGRFOBO in QTEMP not found for
message
  DPR1234.
Recovery  . . . :   Correct the file name or create the message file
  (CRTMSGF), and then try the command again.

TIA, GA