The technique that you're discussing (using multiple displays in a single
program) really isn't a good way to write a TALK utility.

For a talk utility, you'd be better off using either data queues (because
they're simple) or sockets (because they allow you to communicate across
more types of networks, and with more different types of computers)

I'd be happy to explain some of this, and show you some code samples, but
we should move this to RPG400-L first.   I don't feel comfortable posting
RPG code samples on MIDRANGE-L.