I am trying to assign text to my SQL index and am having problems!

When creating a view or a table I have the "Label on" command to assign text to
my object.
What we do with all of our SQL created tables, views, and indexes is create a
source member like the following:

-- *****************************************************************
-- INDEX:   INDEXI01
-- FILE:    FILE
-- KEY:     ORDER BY STATUS, EFFECTIVE FLAG
-- RUNSQLSTM  SRCFILE(QDDSSRC) SRCMBR(INDEXI01) +
--             COMMIT(*NONE) NAMING(*SQL)
-- *****************************************************************
CREATE INDEX INDEXI01
ON FILE
 (STATUS, EFFLG);

RENAME INDEX DIPDPI01 TO FILE_STATUS_EFFLG FOR SYSTEM NAME INDEXI01;

CALL $SYSCMD('CHGLF FILE(INDEXI01) WAITRCD(*NOMAX) LVLCHK(*NO)');

--*
We then execute the RUNSQLSTM shown in the header of the member to creating the
object.

Because I can't do a Label on with my index, I have to assign the object text
via CHGLF or CHGOBJD.  The problem is I can not pass a command string in my
call that includes a quote:

CALL $SYSCMD('CHGLF FILE(INDEXI01) WAITRCD(*NOMAX) LVLCHK(*NO) TEXT('OBJECT
TEXT')'); does not work!

I end up with: String ')         ' contains a character that is not valid.

I've tried every combination of single, double, and triple quote that I know
around my text string.
Leaving the quotes out all together around the text string also does not work.
I've also created an SQL function to execute instead of a call, which
apparently is not allowed when using RUNSQLSTM.

Does anyone know how I can get text assigned to an index via an SQL member and
the RUNSQLSTM?

David J. Smith
IT Contractor
dsmith@xxxxxxxxx