--- Bill <billzbubb@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You'd really rather try to put in what could potentially be a lot of
> work,
> just so you wouldn't have to remember a one or two character code?  I
> think
> you sell yourself short, remembering that code "CP" means Compile
> Program
> seems more logical than remembering that 14 means the same thing.
>
> Bill

14 is hardcoded ... in my brain.  <g>

You're right, of course.

And I haven't gotten through all the replies on this thread yet, but I
think the gist of it is to keep it simple.  I think "hijacking" 14 to use
my customized compiler commands' processing program would be alot easier
than having to write the application behind the 'CP' PDM option.  Just
think, 14 provides automatic interactive or batch compile based on the PDM
option for "Compile in batch".  Using F4 to prompt the command doesn't
show the SBMJOB screen when "Compile in batch" = 'Y'; it seems that this
would be a complicated piece of code to effect, but I haven't given much
thought to that just yet.  (Using F4 on a user-defined PDM option that you
want to execute in batch or interactively, based on the PDM options
Compile/Run in batch, would simply prompt whatever the main command is in
the user-defined option.  I.e., if the PDM user option is defined as:

SBMJOB CMD(ABOVEQSYS/CRTRPGPGM &L/&N ...) JOB(&N)

and I use F4 to prompt, I'm going to see the SBMJOB command, whereas, with
option 14, you never see the SBMJOB command prompted, just the appropriate
compiler command.

I'll just have to chew on this a bit over the weekend.  Then again, maybe
not, as we're getting what looks to be our last blast of summer-like
weather.  <g>

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone!

GA