Tom (et al.)
I have 2 AS400s that start jobs on a 3rd AS400 using the RUNRMTCMD.  They
use *SNA, not TCPIP.  Not sure this fact matters.
Based on which AS400 executes the RNURMTCMD on the 3rd system I want to be
able to do something (ie add the correct library to the library list that
contains the DDM file definitions that point to the AS400 that started the
process).  I figured this should be (would be) as easy as retrieving a job
attribute in the QNMAREXECD job.  If you look at the job log for these jobs
(when they are active), they know what profile and what system started the
RUNRMTCMD.

I have solved this, however my solution is not elegant.  I wrote a command
called RTVRMTINF.  It calls a CL that dumps the joblog to an outfile, and
then calls an RPG program to read the file in reverse sequence to get the
message IDs CPIAD02 (contains the user info) and CPI81C7 (contains the
remote system (APPN) name).  I parse the message data and I have the info I
need.  It was a little convoluted, but it works.

Thanks to all of you who answered.
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
550 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 800
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

Visit our website to subscribe to our FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service

Carl:

It's not clear exactly what you want to do. Do you want the
command-processing program to be able to determine where the command came
from? Do you want to look from some other job into a server job that's
executing that command and extract info about the remote system?

Hmmm... I'm not sure it matters. Seems to me that the way to do this is via
an exit program on the QIBM_QTMX_SERVER_REQ exit point. The remote IP
address is passed by the server into the exit program. You can then stash
that address along with the remote command itself, if you wish, wherever you
choose so the info is available to the command when it runs or to any other
job.

Tom Liotta