sort of a new problem, but I have currently a HP 4000n printing to
Device class . . . . . . . . . . . :   *LAN
Device type  . . . . . . . . . . . :   3812
Font:
  Identifier . . . . . . . . . . . :   11
  Point size . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE
Form feed  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *AUTOCUT
 Host print transform . . . . . . . :   *YES
System driver program  . . . . . . :   *HPPJLDRV

 and I created an external prtf with a logo in the dds as a pagseg.
I used  FONT(2304 (*POINTSIZE 8)) and many other pointsizes,
and it is printing what looks like Courier fixed width, not the
proportional Helvetica). I'm not on site with printer, so this is hard
to test. V4r5. Prtf compiled devtype=*afpds lpi=8 pagsiz=88
  A          R HEADER                    SKIPB(1)  FONT(2304 (*POINTSIZE 9))
 A          R LOGO                      PAGSEG(LOGO1 0.0 0.4)
 A          R SIGN                      PAGSEG(SIGN2 7.2 0.0)
 A          R LINE01                    SKIPB(4)  FONT(2304 (*POINTSIZE 9))
 A            @BLDAD1       30        62SPACEA(1)
 A            @BLDAD2       30        62SPACEA(1)
 A            @BLDAD3       30        62SPACEA(1)
 A            @BLDAD4       30        62SPACEA(1)
 A            @BLDAD5       30        62SPACEA(7)
 A            @BLDNOT       40         2FONT(2305 (*POINTSIZE 17))
 A                                      SPACEA(1)
 A            @VITAL        45         7FONT(2304 (*POINTSIZE 9))
 A                                      SPACEA(1)
jim