John, I like the idea of using PRDLIB on CRTCMD, but if the user has no
command line access, how will s/he be able to use the command?  I am
presuming that Frank doesn't want to touch the application menus.  (I know
that some packages' menu systems are horrendous to work with, requiring 10
minutes of keying to just put a simple temporary option on a menu.)

I keep going back to QTEMP and if there were a way to manipulate objects
there from another job.  A potential security nightmare to be sure.  But,
in the right hands...

Still brainstorming... How about temporarily changing the user profile's
Initial Program - again, depends on how the menu system works, may or may
not be worthwhile.

GA