> Vern wrote:
> Oh, wow, I never knew this, but tried something.

Vern,
I guess I'm a dinosaur for using only SEU since the dawn of time, but I have
been using the SEU hide lines command since I discovered it around 1990.
Most AS/400 programmers that I encounter aren't even aware of it.

How about this:

1) Type X99999 on the first source statement to hide all lines in a source
member
2) in the search field, type F EXSR ALL
3) in the search field, type F BEGSR ALL
4) in the search field, type F ENDSR ALL
5) now search for a variable that you want to find throughout the program, F
VARIABLE ALL
6) Type LLP on the first line not hidden
7) Type LLP on the last line not hidden

Now you a listing of every program-described reference to this variable and
the subroutine where it was referenced.  This is much better than having to
search through the cross-reference listing produced by the compiler...

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas
(512) 423-0935