In the north we say 'you guys'.

Except in Brooklyn where they say "youse guys'.

Albert York

        -----Original Message-----
        From:   MEovino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [SMTP:MEovino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent:   Sunday, September 28, 2003 8:33 PM
        To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
        Subject:        RE: ?Computerworld? article

        Rob,

        Please come here (Richmond, VA) and try to explain that to all the
        Southerners here who think that "y'all" is singular and "all y'all"
is
        plural.  My freshman year RA quite succinctly explained that "y'all"
        corrects one of the most severe failings of the English language (at
least
        in the minds of Southerners), the fact that "you" is both singular
and
        plural.

        Mike E.

                              rob@xxxxxxxxx

                              Sent by:                    To:       Midrange
Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                              midrange-l-bounces@m        cc:

                              idrange.com                 Subject:  RE:
?Computerworld? article

                              09/25/2003 06:03 PM

                              Please respond to

                              Midrange Systems

                              Technical Discussion

        You're wrong.  A true southerner never uses y'all in the singular.

temporary
        Benjamin Franklin

        Mark Allen <mallen@xxxxxxxx>
        09/25/2003 03:53 PM
        Please respond to

        "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc

        Subject
        RE: ?Computerworld? article

        Come on Rob if youse is gonna try t' speek Suthern, git it rite

        Y'all=singular
        Y'alls=plural

        <vbg>