From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: Friday, September 26, 2003 8:46:01 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Automagically changing CAX colors by AS400 command

Esteemed listers,

This is most likely a totally-off-the-wall question, but the only stupid
question is the one not asked, right? <g> Besides, it's Friday.

Using Personal Communications AS/400 in Client Access Express for Windows
v5r1m0. We connect to most of our clients via telnet, so I am able to set
up workstation profiles for these clients and use different screen colors
to help me recognize which system I'm on.

However, we also have clients for which we must use pass-through to
connect. I would like to be able to "automagically" change the screen
colors that I have set up under another workstation profile whenever I
pass through to another system. It would be nice if a command from the
400 could invoke another color scheme for the current session. I know we
can issue client commands from a 400 session, but to effect something like
this???

Continuing to think this through, if the idea of getting the 400 to set
the colors is unworkable, it would be sufficient if I had a single click
of a button on the toolbar, or something close to that, that would change
just the color scheme that now would take about 10-15 clicks to
accomplish. Maybe a button that runs a VB macro?

Ideas / Comments / advice welcomed!

GA