Jeff, I had trouble with this setup, too. I had to use a different port for the Tomcat server. The article I worked from showed up recently in Midrange Server or something - very nice but unclear on this point. Once I used 2018 for the Tomcat server, it was fine.

I'm running on a 270-2248, which is less horsepower than IBM recommends. They say the minimum is a 270-2250, so it's still sluggish.

Are you on V5R2? Be sure to get all the latest PTFs, CUMEs, etc. I ended up undoing the servers, redoing, and did not have 5250 in iSeries Access for Web at first. Also, be sure all the 400 pieces are installed first.

A google newsgroup listing on this issue is at <http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=943671d7.0309150848.528ae1ed%40posting.google.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26group%3Dcomp.sys.ibm.as400.misc>

HTH

Vern