Were you able to get Websphere Express working and run the sample
applications given with that?

Because we didn't seem to have much problem on our development machine
with iSeries Access for Web.

% CPU used . . . . . . . :       92.0    Auxiliary storage:
% DB capability  . . . . :         .0      System ASP . . . . . . : 337.3
Elapsed time . . . . . . :   00:00:01      % system ASP used  . . :
82.5424
Jobs in system . . . . . :       2775      Total  . . . . . . . . : 337.3
% perm addresses . . . . :       .070      Current unprotect used : 11170
% temp addresses . . . . :       .503      Maximum unprotect  . . : 11330

System    Pool    Reserved    Max   -----DB-----  ---Non-DB---
 Pool   Size (M)  Size (M)  Active  Fault  Pages  Fault  Pages
   1      370.30    130.67   +++++     .0     .0     .8     .8
   2     1042.83      3.42     427     .0     .0     .0     .0
   3       20.47       .03       5     .0     .0     .0     .0
   4      307.19       .00      38     .0     .0    5.9    6.8
   5      307.19       .00      14     .0     .0     .0     .0

Resource        Type-model  Status                Text
CEC01            9404-820   Operational           Main Card Enclosure
PN01             247F       Operational           System Control Panel
MP01             25BC-000   Operational           System Processor Card
PV02             2436-001   Operational           Processor Capacity Card
PV01             1523-001   Operational           Interactive Card
SP01             282D       Operational           Service Processor Card
BCC01                       Operational           Bus Extender
BCC02                       Operational           Bus Extender
BCC03                       Operational           Bus Adapter
BCC04                       Operational           Bus Adapter
BCC06                       Operational           Bus Adapter
  MS01           3002-000   Operational           128MB Main Storage Card
  MS02           3002-000   Operational           128MB Main Storage Card
  MS03           3002-000   Operational           128MB Main Storage Card
  MS04           3002-000   Operational           128MB Main Storage Card
  MS05           3005-000   Operational           512MB Main Storage Card
  MS06           3005-000   Operational           512MB Main Storage Card
  MS07           3004-000   Operational           256MB Main Storage Card
  MS08           3004-000   Operational           256MB Main Storage Card

Benjamin Franklin

Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
09/23/2003 09:35 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
iSeries memory

Question:

I know on Windows, a small investment in memory can improve performance
immensely.  Is the same true at all for the iSeries?  We have a 270 with
1gb.

(I'm trying to get iSeries Access for Web up and running.  No dice yet.
  No error message in the web browser, it just never loads.  I have been
reduced to <Gasp!> Reading The Fine Manuals.  The Fine Manual says 512mb
minimum with 1gb recommended.  Grasping at straws here.)

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.