Ed,

Where you at Common and stayed at the Gaylord?

My Norton tried to do its regular update while I was there and I didn't
notice till the Swen virus started to show up that it no longer could
update. I hadn't gotten a virus and was able to go to the Symantec site
and find directions to clean out its ...\downloads  folder so it would
update. The other symptom was that it continuously said "Updating" for
the date of the virus definitions.

The in-room internet changed Thursday night. Before that I could start
my e-mail application or CAE and connect. That night CAE went into a
loop trying to connect. When I tried a browser to check the
destination's status it went into a loop "trying to locate your
computer..." After I killed everything and went back into the browser as
the first step I got redirected to the Gaylord's page (never seen it
before) that required accepting their usage terms and then everything
was smooth. I was just wondering if the goofiness prior to accepting
their terms caused the Norton download corruption.

BTW they redirected all DNS lookups regardless of server address to
their server. This caused Mailwasher to flag everything as being
blacklisted because it found a hit when it did a DNS Blacklist lookup
which didn't really go to the likes of SpamCop.

Roger Vicker, CCP