> From: rob@xxxxxxxxx
>
> Let me ask you this.  One time we had a twinax console go bad.  We
> replaced it with another model and it failed to work.  Had to use
> RUNRMTCMD to manually configure it.
>
> If you had come from a shop with all experience with Op's Console,
tried a
> twinax terminal, and had this happen would you feel the same bigotry
> against twinax that you feel towards Op's console?

Rob, in over 20 years, I've never had the problems with twinax that you
have had.  In fact, I have never known anybody other than you to have
problems like these.  On the other hand, I have had problems with Ops
Console and have heard from more than a few people about THEIR problems
with Ops Console.  And now I'm hearing from you about YOUR problems with
Ops Console.

I base my opinion on empirical evidence, which is in turn based on my
experiences and those of people I know.  That's not bigotry.

If I had the experience you related, and every other person I ever
talked to did not, then I would have to wonder why I'm the only one
having that problem.  If, however, everybody else had the same
experience, then I would probably form the opinion that Ops Console is
more stable than twinax.

Is this surprising?

Joe