One method.  You will need the ADDWSE PCKATO* for your new subsystem with
AT(*SIGNON).  You need to remove the *ALL Workstation Entry from QINTER,
but this may entail adding a whole host of other wild card names to pick
up other devices not to be allocated to your new subsystem (A* B* C* D*
etc. - and handling devices other than PCKATO* beginning with P will be
fun).  Or possibly you could use type entries, if all devices in MYINTER
are a specific type that are not used in QINTER.

Or, if the user profiles used at the PCKATO* workstations are unique, you
could add a TFRJOB to the initial program for the user profile to route to
the new subsystem.

...Neil

mwilk@xxxxx
2003/09/02 12:05

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
interactive subsystem creation

Hello everybody!

I had to create interactive subsystem that grabs all devices which name
starts with a string PCKATOxx. "xx" is a combination of characters eg.
PCKATO12, PCKATOAP.

I did it using following commands:

CRTSBSD SBSD(QGPL/MYINTER) POOLS((1 *BASE) (2 *INTERACT)) AUT(*USE)
TEXT(?WILK Interactive Subsystem?)
CRTJOBD JOBD(QGPL/MYINTER) RTGDTA(QCMDI) LOG(4 0 *NOLIST) TEXT(?WILK
Interactive Subsystem Job Description?)
CRTJOBQ JOBQ(QGPL/MYINTER) TEXT(?WILK Interactive Subsystem Job Queue?)
ADDJOBQE SBSD(QGPL/MYINTER) JOBQ(QGPL/MYINTER) MAXACT(*NOMAX)
ADDCMNE SBSD(QGPL/MYINTER) DEV(PCKATO*)
CRTCLS CLS(QGPL/MYINTER) RUNPTY(20) TIMESLICE(2000) DFTWAIT(30) TEXT(?WILK

Interactive Subsystem Class?)
ADDRTGE SBSD(QGPL/MYINTER) SEQNBR(9999) CMPVAL(*ANY) PGM(QSYS/QCMD)
POOLID(2) CLS(QGPL/MYINTER)

STRSBS SBSD(QGPL/MYINTER)

Unfortunately it doesn't grap devices PCKATOXX.
Should I use following command to map the system do interesting devices:
ADDWSE SBSD(QGPL/MYINTER) WRKSTN(PCKATO*)    ?

Do I need to modify any of QINTER subsystem paramters? If yes please tell
me.

I will be very gratefull for any suggestions and help.
Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Marcin Wilk