--- Ken.Slaugh@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The RCVJRNE command itself is quite efficient. Since you haven't
> described what your exit program will be doing with the journal
> receiver entries, then the answer is gonna be rather vague as well.

I believe the exit program will pass info to MQseries (which I have no
working knowledge of).  The MQseries part of the equation is fixed; no
matter how we audit the adds/changes/deletes to the file, MQseries will be
used to process them.  So the variable up for grabs is the bridge between
anything that updates the file and MQseries.  It sounds like MQseries is
already being used on this system.

> We have a number different processes using journal receiver entries and
> processing them in batch is quite controllable with the use of RUNPTY
> and TimeSlice settings.

Can you recommend any guidelines in this area, or provide a reference that
discusses it?

New question:  Let's say something happens that causes the RCVJRNE exit
program to end.  Transactions on the file being journaled continue and,
eventually, the RCVJRNE exit program is restarted.  How does one specify
to pick up where it left off?

Another question asked of me that I could not definitively answer:  Are
the journal entries deleted once the exit program gets them?  For our
purposes, we cannot allow them to be deleted.  (It would make sense to me
that they would *not* be deleted, but I saw some reference to this in the
archives when I looked yesterday.)

Thanks again,
GA