   Remove the front cover of the 270, remove the metal grille over the disk
drives, and then:
   &nbsp= ;
   STRSST
   Start a Service Tool
   Hardware service manager</FO= NT>
   Device Concurrent Maintenance

   You will see the = following screen:

         =             &nb= sp; Device Concurrent Maintenance
     &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &   nbsp;
    &nbs= p;                Type the choices, then press Enter.      =
   &nb= sp;
   &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs   p;
  &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;
    Specify either Physical Location or Resource Name.=             &nb= sp;
        Physical Location   . . .&= nbsp; Frame ID:        Position: &n   bsp;
         =     OR         =             &nb= sp;                           &nb=
sp;
        Resour= ce Name   . . . . .  Device Resource Name:        &nbs= p;
      &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &   nbsp;           &nbs= p;
                    &nbsp= ;            &n= bsp;           &nbsp= ;
&n   bsp;           &nbsp= ;
    Specify action as   1=Remove devi= ce   2=Install device
Action to be performed&nbsp= ; . . . . . . . . . :               &nbs= p;
     &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &   nbsp;           &nbs= p;
   &n= bsp;           &nbsp= ;            &n= bsp;           &nbsp   ;
  &n= bsp;           &nbsp= ;
    Enter a time value between 00 and 19.  &n= bsp;           &nbsp   ;
    <= BR>     Time delay needed in minutes  . . . . . . = :
   00           &nbsp= ;
            &nb= sp;            =             &nb= sp;
 &nb= sp;
         &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs   p;
        &= nbsp;
    Serial numb= er of frame (not needed if ********** shown).
Frame serial number . . . .= . . . . . . . : **********
    &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;            &= nbsp;           &nbs   p;
   &= nbsp;           &nbs= p;

   You will want to put in your Resource Name= : DD004
   You will want to Remove= device
   I generally leave the t= ime delay at 00
   Disregard the S= erial number section if the *** are shown
   Press enter and you will see the led flashing on drive DD00= 4 in the
   system unit. Remove this drive and wait for a screen to pop up sta= ting
   that it was removed successfully. You will have to hit F12 or Enter an= d
   then get back to the concurrent maintenance screen as shown above. This t
ime you will select the option to install the device and hit enter. Again,
   = wait for the screen stating that it was completed and then go back to
   the m= ain SST menu and do the following:

   Work with disk units   Work with disk unit recovery</= FONT>
   Rebuild disk unit data</D= IV>

   At this point you will be prompted for which drive to rebuild.</= FONT>

   Chris Whisonant
   Comporium
   Senior Mid-Range&n= bsp;Systems Administrator
   iSeries Certified Systems = Expert
   803.326.7270 (W)
   803.326.6142 (F)
   chris.whisonant= @comporium.com