From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Justin C. Haase
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 3:18 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Replacing a failed Disk in a Raid Set

You need to go to SST.

1 - start service tool
7 - hardware service manager
8 - Device concurrent maintenance

On that screen, enter the resource name (DD004) and a 1 to remove.
Would
look like this.

Specify either Physical Location or Resource Name.
    Physical Location   . . .  Frame ID:        Position:
         OR
    Resource Name   . . . . .  Device Resource Name: DD004

Specify action as   1=Remove device   2=Install device
    Action to be performed  . . . . . . . . . :  1

Press enter.  You will see the light next to that drive start blinking.
Remove the drive.  You should see a successfully removed message.  Now,
take
an 8 again for device concurrent, and enter device resource name DD004,
and
a 2 to install.  Press enter.  The light will blink - insert the drive.

Wait about 2 mins for the drive to spin up and report to the system.
Once
that is done, exit the hardware service manager.  Do a:

3 - work with disk units
3 - work with disk unit recovery
6 - rebuild disk unit data

That's it! Enjoy.