We take turns doing our upgrades, ptf's, etc.  So I have to write our
instructions so that least 'system' oriented iSeries developer in our shop
can complete them.  Using the CD's it's amazing how many times they answer
the QSYSOPR message to mount the next CD, after they've loaded the next
CD, but before the CD light is done flashing and it's ready.  Or sometimes
even if you wait the darn thing just hasn't accepted the fact that you've
loaded a new CD in.
The image catalog's remove that error.  Or at least, put it up to a more
'system' oriented guy when he loads the CD's into the image catalog to
prep the iSeries for the scheduled downtime.
I've been known to leave the state during the scheduled downtimes.  Got to
really test those instructions...  (And the fish were biting.  You just
have to set your priorities.)

Benjamin Franklin

"Justin C. Haase" <JHaase@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
08/22/2003 10:25 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion