Here's a limited success (I guess). When using the CRTDUPOBJ command, I
would get a copy of the file but no member. So I went into PDM, drilled down
to the member on QSYS/QAQQINI, and using a 3, copied the member into the
duplicate. That worked for making a duplicate and there are no triggers
attached. Now if it allieviates generating messages relative to the query
options file not being found, I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks to all for your responses.

For anyone who's interested in the remaining details of the problem see
below.

Here's the command string:

CRTDUPOBJ OBJ(QAQQINI)  FROMLIB(QSYS) OBJTYPE(*FILE) TOLIB(GPKLIB)
DATA(*YES)

Which results in:

Cannot create duplicate file QAQQINI in GPKLIB.
0 objects duplicated. 1 objects not duplicated.

F1 on "Cannot create duplicate file QAQQINI in GPKLIB" says:

Message ID . . . . . . :   CPF3162       Severity . . . . . . . :   30
Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
Date sent  . . . . . . :   08/15/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :   08:34:32

Message . . . . :   Cannot create duplicate file QAQQINI in GPKLIB.
Cause . . . . . :   An error occurred while you were trying to create
  duplicate file QAQQINI in library GPKLIB from file QAQQINI in library
QSYS.
Recovery  . . . :   See the previously listed messages.  Correct any errors
  and then try the request again.

Then F10 on msg:

The trigger operation failed.
Trigger operation not successful.
Cannot create duplicate file QAQQINI in GPKLIB.
0 objects duplicated. 1 objects not duplicated.

 Message ID . . . . . . :   CPD32E7       Severity . . . . . . . :   20
 Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   08/15/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :
08:34:32

 Message . . . . :   The trigger operation failed.
 Cause . . . . . :   The trigger operation for file QAQQINI in library
GPKLIB,
   for trigger Q__OSYS_QAQQINI_BEFORE_INSERT_______ in library GPKLIB,
failed
   because of errors. The operation was 1.  The reason code is 6.
     The operation codes and their meanings are as follows:
     1 - Add a trigger
     2 - Remove a trigger
     3 - Change a trigger
     4 - Create an SQL trigger program
     5 - Register the trigger with Cross Reference
     6 - Rename a trigger
     The reason codes and their meanings are:
   01 - Trigger name Q__OSYS_QAQQINI_BEFORE_INSERT_______ already exists for
 library GPKLIB.
   02 - Maximum number of triggers has been exceeded for file.
   03 - QTEMP was specified for either the file's library, the trigger
 program's library, or the trigger name's library.
   04 - The Auxilary Storage Pool (ASP) of library GPKLIB does not match the
 ASP of library GPKLIB.
   05 - Specified trigger time or trigger event is incorrect.
   06 - Cross Reference failed with return code X'10A2' and diagnostic code
0.

>From what I see here something is trying to add a trigger but a cross
reference update or check failed somewhere???

I'm stumped and confused....