Note the usage of CRTDUPOBJ I just did, particularly DATA(*YES)
parameter.
Here is the joblog from my successful attempt (sorry for any wrapping):

5722SS1 V5R1M0 010525                        Display Job Log
MAGIC    08/14/03 17:16:25          Page    1
  Job name . . . . . . . . . . :   QPADEV000D      User  . . . . . . :
ELVIS        Number . . . . . . . . . . . :   064014
  Job description  . . . . . . :   QDFTJOBD        Library . . . . . :
QGPL
MSGID      TYPE                    SEV   DATE       TIME       FROM PGM
LIBRARY     INST     TO PGM       LIBRARY      INST
CPF1124    Information             00    08/14/03   17:15:47   QWTPIIPP
QSYS        067E     *EXT                      *N
                                     Message . . . . :   Job
064014/ELVIS/QPADEV000D started on 08/14/03 at
                                       17:15:48 in subsystem QBASE in
QSYS. Job entered system on 08/14/03 at
                                       17:15:48.
*NONE      Request                       08/14/03   17:15:59   QPTCHECK
*N       QCMD         QSYS         0173
                                     Message . . . . :  -CRTDUPOBJ
OBJ(QAQQINI) FROMLIB(QSYS) OBJTYPE(*FILE)
                                       TOLIB(QGPL) DATA(*YES)
CPI321A    Information             00    08/14/03   17:16:04   QDBTRIG2
QSYS        *STMT    QDBDUPFI     QSYS         01D0
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
QDBTRIG2
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :
QDBGEN_SEND_PGM_MSG
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :
1351
                                     Message . . . . :   Trigger
Q__OSYS_QAQQINI_BEFORE_INSERT_______ in library
                                       QGPL was added to file QAQQINI in
library QGPL.
CPI321A    Information             00    08/14/03   17:16:04   QDBTRIG2
QSYS        *STMT    QDBDUPFI     QSYS         01D0
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
QDBTRIG2
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :
QDBGEN_SEND_PGM_MSG
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :
1351
                                     Message . . . . :   Trigger
Q__OSYS_QAQQINI_AFTER_INSERT________ in library
                                       QGPL was added to file QAQQINI in
library QGPL.
CPI321A    Information             00    08/14/03   17:16:04   QDBTRIG2
QSYS        *STMT    QDBDUPFI     QSYS         01D0
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
QDBTRIG2
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :
QDBGEN_SEND_PGM_MSG
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :
1351
                                     Message . . . . :   Trigger
Q__OSYS_QAQQINI_BEFORE_UPDATE_______ in library
                                       QGPL was added to file QAQQINI in
library QGPL.
CPI321A    Information             00    08/14/03   17:16:04   QDBTRIG2
QSYS        *STMT    QDBDUPFI     QSYS         01D0
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
QDBTRIG2
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :
QDBGEN_SEND_PGM_MSG
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :
1351
                                     Message . . . . :   Trigger
Q__OSYS_QAQQINI_AFTER_UPDATE________ in library
                                       QGPL was added to file QAQQINI in
library QGPL.
CPI321A    Information             00    08/14/03   17:16:04   QDBTRIG2
QSYS        *STMT    QDBDUPFI     QSYS         01D0
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
QDBTRIG2
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :
QDBGEN_SEND_PGM_MSG
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :
1351
                                     Message . . . . :   Trigger
Q__OSYS_QAQQINI_BEFORE_DELETE_______ in library
                                       QGPL was added to file QAQQINI in
library QGPL.
CPI321A    Information             00    08/14/03   17:16:04   QDBTRIG2
QSYS        *STMT    QDBDUPFI     QSYS         01D0
                                     From module . . . . . . . . :
QDBTRIG2
                                     From procedure  . . . . . . :
QDBGEN_SEND_PGM_MSG
                                     Statement . . . . . . . . . :
1351
                                     Message . . . . :   Trigger
Q__OSYS_QAQQINI_AFTER_DELETE________ in library
                                       QGPL was added to file QAQQINI in
library QGPL.
CPI2101    Information             00    08/14/03   17:16:06   QLICRDUP
QSYS        05A5     QCMD         QSYS         01A1
                                     Message . . . . :   Object QAQQINI
in QGPL type *FILE created.
CPC2130    Completion              00    08/14/03   17:16:06   QLICRDUP
QSYS        01B2     QCMD         QSYS         01A1
                                     Message . . . . :   1 objects
duplicated.
                                     Cause . . . . . :   All the objects
with supported object types specified on
                                       the Create Duplicate Object
(CRTDUPOBJ) command were duplicated. See low
                                       level messages to determine if
any objects were not duplicated.