Kirk Yates <kirk.yates@xxxxxxx> wrote in
news:3F39239A.5040507@xxxxxxx:

> Does anyone have any documentation on how to get a signature
> loaded to the iSeries?  Our past practice has been to send off the
> signatures on paper and the vendor would scan the signatures,
> create the overlays and page segments, and send everything back to
> us as a save file.
>
> The vendor has made a few internal changes and after a month and a
> half, we still do not have the signatures we need for our checks.
>
> What would we have to have to be able to do this process in-house?
>
> We're printing checks on a continuous feed 6400 printer (IPDS).
>
> Thank you for your help.

Its been a while since I had to do this so the details may be a bit
hazy...

You will need to make sure the AFP printer driver is installed on the
PC - this is included in client access or can be obtained from
www.printers.ibm.com somewhere. Set this up as a printer to FILE: and
configure it to produce IOCA.

Next scan the signature onto the PC and use a picture editing program
to set it to the correct size.

Print the image to the AFP printer device - this will prompt for a file
name on your disk.

On the AS400, create a physical file to receive the image into and
transfer the file from your PC into this file (by FTP, file transfer or
other method).

Use the CRTPAGSEC command to create a page segment or the CRTOVL
command to create an overlay

--
Mike Buglass