As a poor man's hotsite during our scheduled downtimes we plan on doing
the following:
ENDTCPIFC INTNETADR('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx') on the primary iSeries
Lock all libraries pertaining to one division.  Save them to a save file.
Send them over to our backup.  Verify they've arrived on the backup. Drop
the primary.
Restore the libraries.  STRTCPIFC INTNETADR('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx').  Let the
user's have their way.

However I've been told that the DNS server in our network needs to have
it's cache reset to no longer associate that ip address with the old mac
address.  Currently that involves telnetting into the router, etc.  I
thought about scripting some telnet session, much the same as you can
script a ftp session.  Is that possible?

Then it was suggested to me that I script a SNMP request.  Evidently they
can do more security on that.  And the thought of having router admin
passwords buried in script files was not very appealing to them.  I can
respect that.  How would one do that from the iSeries?

Benjamin Franklin