Hi Clare,

Thanks for the response.What i would like to do is

1)The original command be copied and put in a special library.Since only
SECOFR can use CHGSYSLIBL  , and i would like to
have it run from command line for SECOFR as well as *PGMR group, by doing so
i avoid using CHGSYSLIBL.

2)Change the command DLTF in QSYS , so that the end users use the changed
command.

Hence, can you please tell me how to i put the special library above QSYS
above the system library list?

Thanks and regards
Chandra Sekhar

The usual way is to put the changed commands in a special library that you
put above QSYS in the System library list. So users will be using the
changed commands anyway. Then programmers can use the CHGSYSLIBL command to
remove that special library, thus having access to the real commands. Or
they can specifically invoke the real commands from QSYS. Remember that
*Secofr is needed to do a CHGSYSLIBL. Current library is a red herring, and
in any case is not in the system library list (it doesn't work like on the
System 36 with #library.) Hope this helps,
Clare
Clare Holtham Director,
Small Blue Ltd - Archiving for BPCS
Web: www.smallblue.co.uk IBM Certified AS/400 Systems Professional