Point out to the CxO that there are no reported OS/400 viruses and
exceptionally few security vulnerabilities.  Then ask how many Windows
security issues have made the nightly network news in the past month.

Here's what I just did: Go to www.cert.org and search for OS/400.  Three
matches: 2 relate to AIX and mention OS/400 in passing; the 3rd is an
SNMP bug.  Change it to AS/400 and the list shows 5 items: 2 not
vulnerables, 1 book citation, 1 repeat citation (for the SNMP issue),
and 1 reference regarding their OCTAVE methodology.  Now search for
Windows.  642 results.  134 more for "SQL Server" (in quotes to
eliminate generic matches on "server".  95 more for IIS.  43 for
Exchange.  94 for Outlook (which would inclide both regular & Express).

Show that to your boss and ask him which platform he wants the company
data on.

If applicable, you might also mention the skills set gap and that the
existing staff will need training to support the new platform.

- John