Help please.

I have a CL program that fails about 50% of the time.
Today (1st day):
        Ran fine from a command line.
        Failed when run from another CL.
        Ran fine from command line.
        Ran fine from command line.
        Failed from command line.

This CL copies the same DDS described file to two different locations.

At first failure,  both 'destination' files had already existed, as they
had been created by the previous run.
The first copy (Tim) worked fine.
Somehow the 'code page' of the 2nd destination file is now determined to
be 1252 instead of 850.

What does this mean, how did it happen, and how do I prevent it in the
future?

Thanks in advance!

The error occurred at the end of the following code.
(No intermediate code has been omitted.)

/*   Tim */
CHGVAR  VAR(&TOUSER) VALUE('TIM/')
CHGVAR  VAR(&PATH) VALUE(&TOFLDR *TCAT &TOUSER *TCAT &TOFILE)
CPYTOIMPF       FROMFILE(&DTALIB/&WSFILE) TOSTMF(&PATH) +

                MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
/*   Dennis */
CHGVAR  VAR(&TOUSER) VALUE('DENNIS/')
CHGVAR  VAR(&PATH) VALUE(&TOFLDR *TCAT &TOUSER *TCAT &TOFILE)
CPYTOIMPF       FROMFILE(&DTALIB/&WSFILE) TOSTMF(&PATH) +
                MBROPT(*REPLACE) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
Message log for initial failure showed the following:
8200 -  CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(EXPRDDTA/EXP003)
        TOSTMF('MRCJAVA/REPORTS/TIM/NR_20030729.CSV') MBROPT(*REPLACE)
        STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
File QACP410962 created in library QTEMP.
Member QACP410962 added to file QACP410962 in QTEMP.
Object copied.
All records copied from file EXP003 in EXPRDDTA.
Object QACP410962 in QTEMP type *FILE deleted.
9100 -  CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(EXPRDDTA/EXP003)
        TOSTMF('MRCJAVA/REPORTS/DENNIS/NR_20030729.CSV')
MBROPT(*REPLACE)
        STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
File QACP410962 created in library QTEMP.
Member QACP410962 added to file QACP410962 in QTEMP.
Code page attribute does not match STMFCODPAG specified.
The spool file for the job shows:
>From procedure  . . . . . . :
send_STMF_DBF_msg__FPcT1iT1T3PV22qp0l_STMF_DBF
  _commarea

Statement . . . . . . . . . :   2592

To module . . . . . . . . . :   QC2SYS

To procedure  . . . . . . . :   system

Statement . . . . . . . . . :   6

Message . . . . :   Code page attribute does not match STMFCODPAG
specified.
Cause . . . . . :   The destination stream file

  /MRCJAVA/REPORTS/DENNIS/NR_20030729.CSV exists and the STMFCODPAG
value 1252
  must equal the stream file's code page attribute 850 for successful
  completion of this command. Recovery  . . . :   Set STMFCODPAG
parameter
  value equal to the stream file code page attribute 850, then submit
the
  command again.