Kirk

There are often hidden (constant) parameters that trip you up. This is usually trial and error for me. Create a duplicate of the IBM command and assign your program as CPP. I have used a CL with a very long single parameter, and then I can compare it to the parms I submitted, to see the structure. Or you can use a C/C++ program and get the argument count. Then, in a debugger, cast the ones you don't recognize to the various choices. Or maybe use overlaid elements of a data structure in RPG - you can get the parameter count - loop through, moving each parameter to this general purpose DS and display the values - see which make sense.

HTH

Vern