Also be sure and check Memo to users for any release you are skipping.
The SPD card I had to replace was listed in the V5R1 memo but NOT in the
V5R2 one

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 11:18 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Upgrading your OS release level

Actually there are numerous SPD items that V5R2 blows out of the water,
or
cripples.  Certain 1/4" tape drives for example.
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/support/planning/v5r2hardwa
re.html

Again, read the planning information.  There is a note in the "Memo to
users" to do so.

Benjamin Franklin

MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/23/2003 10:00 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion