Just so y'all know. Overflowing (or trying to) an IASP is apparently a BAD thing. Many functions said "Sorry you can't do that" when attempting to create an object that would not fit. (i.e. CRTNWSSTG and CRTPF with ALLOCATE(*YES)) however a simple SQL job to blast a big bunchfulla 1K records into a file sent the thing into a tailspin. SQL ended with SQL0901 'An SQL Error Occurred'. Now the IASP is blown. I can't deelete the file or clear or delete the library. (CPF3220). The IASP then varried itself off. Attempts to vary on generate CPDB8E4 with reason code 6. There are no jobs using that IASP as it is varied off. Guess I'm going to see the Wizard to rebuild the bugger.

Word to the wise - *DONT* overfill an IASP!!

- Larry

Larry Bolhuis wrote:

Paul,

ASPs and IASPs have the same rules for disk, *almost. A traditional user ASP can overflow into the system ASP when it runs out of disk. This condition can be messy to clean up but does mean that you don't really have to worry about filling one (i.e. crashing the system or job when it happens) however you DO have to worry if you think that no job using ASP 2-32 is going to impact system storage. IASPs run on dedicated disks as do traditional ASPS but they do NOT overfloow onto the system ASP when full. This is good and bad, just as it was bad and good for traditional ASPs. You pay your money and you make your choice!

- Larry