Run the command CHGTCPA and prompt with F4.  There is a parm called TCP
close connection message, change it to *NONE.  This was a change in V5R2.

Paul Fenstermacher, AS/400 Certified System Administrator
Bass Pro Shops
417-873-5424
paulf@xxxxxxxxxxx

Since going from V5R1 to V5R2 we have been getting these TCP/IP messages in
our
qsysopr msgq.  Anyone seen this before?  New tweak in V5R2?

Jerry

TCP/IP connection to remote system 172.16.16.28 closed, reason code 1.
TCP/IP connection to remote system 172.16.1.14 closed, reason code 2.
TCP/IP connection to remote system 172.16.1.31  closed, reason code 3.

                         Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   TCP2617       Severity . . . . . . . :   20
 Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic
 Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/16/03      Time sent  . . . . . . :
 10:44:53

 Message . . . . :   TCP/IP connection to remote system 172.16.1.31 closed,
   reason code 2.
 Cause . . . . . :   The TCP/IP connection to remote system 172.16.1.31 has
   been closed. The connection was closed for reason code 2.  Full
   connection
   details for the closed connection include:
     - local IP address is 172.16.1.10
     - local port is 491
     - remote IP address is 172.16.1.31
     - remote port is 515
 Reason codes and their meanings follow:
     1 = TCP connection closed due to expiration of 10 minute Close Wait
     timer.
     2 = TCP connection closed due to R2 retry threshold being run.
     3 = TCP connection closed due to keepalive timeout.
If TCPCNNMSG(*THRESHOLD) is defined for the Change TCP/IP Attributes
  (CHGTCPA)
  command then there could be additional connections that have closed
  within
  the threshold window. The number of additional TCP connections that have
  closed is 0.
Recovery  . . . :   Informational message.

Jerome Draper, Trilobyte Software Systems