On Tuesday 15 July 2003 20:46, Vern Hamberg wrote:
> Mike
>
> I don't know details, but recursive stuff is pretty easy in QShell, I
> think, with grep or sed processing input from a dir listing. With sed I
> believe you can run a command against the contents of the file that is
> being used as input.
>
> Some help from Unix dweebs on this list? Are you here?

<grin> No claiming to be a dweeb of course, but you could combine Scott's
QSH command suggestion, with use the 'system' command. Run a recursive
'find' using 'system' instead of 'chown'. system lets you run a CL
command (CHGAUT, etc) as chown, chmod are limited to *nix style
ownership/permissions and don't work with the finer grained authority
like *AUTLS & individual user authority.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@xxxxxxxxxx  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net   /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /