Thanks to Jan Megannon and Booth Martin for their answers,
BUT...
the second question is NOT the auto dial issue in itself, since I have configured my Internet connection thru a modem and I want it to start automatically whenever I start Netscape/I.Explorer... So I don't want to inactivate the autodial.
May be I didn't explain myself clear enough, but the question should have been: if my connection to the local small AS/400 is in my local ethernet , why should modem dial up start?
Jan, as you asked , I'm using W98SE and CAExpress 4.5.
When I start 5250 Emulation to the small, local, AS/400, the modem will start, why ??? , since it is NOT needed for the AS/400 in in the local ethernet. If I cancel the modem connection, I still get the connection to my small AS/400 work... so dial up is not needed but fires up!
My guess is the following: As I explained in my original message, I had Central Management configured for a remote AS/400... which needs dial up connection.
I guess when I try connection to my local AS/400, Central Management "some how tries to verify something ???...", which forces the dial up connection to the remote Central Management AS/400...
That's why I want to get rid of this Central Management function, which I really don't need. Just configured it time ago for testing only, and now I cannot get rid of it...
But if my guess is correct, why starting emulation to the local system fires the dial up connection to remote Central Management?

Thanks,
Antonio

Jan Megannon escribió:

Hi Antonio,

1- So the first question is, how can I inactivate Management Central in
my PC at home?

May be able to reply to this a bit later.

2- Second question, why does my home ethernet connection to my local
AS/400 fire up my modem connection to Internet?

I have seen this on Win95 and, I think, Win98. Which one are you on?

In the case of Win95, we did the following:
        Regedit
        Search for 'EnableAutoDial'
        The values are '0 1' or '1 0' (think it is '0 1')
        Change it to '0 0'
        Save.
This will stop your modem from firing up every time you try starting
your local connection. Just checked on Win2k. It should be all zeroes.
It is a REG-Binary value.

HTH.

Cheers.

Jan Megannon.