> One of my coworkers wanted to know how
> to learn UIM.  What reading material do
> you suggest?

I only used the UIM manual, but that was long ago.  The new Infocenter has
this potential link
<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/nls/rbagsuserinterfa
ceman.htm>  An older link to the Programming Reference manual yields this
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/QB3AUT02/16.0?DT=1998051
1095346 and the ever-present Application Display Programming book
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr/BOOKS/QB3AUK00/CCONTENTS?DT=19
970312124213 has a chapter on UIM as well.

A search through the Midrange-L archives shows a few good links; especially
stuff by Simon Coulter.

Richard Shaler wrote a book called "Unleash the Power of UIM" but I have no
personal experience with it.

The larger question is this: Does your coworker want to use UIM for command
help or for end-user panels?  I have some UIM help panels for a home-grown
SQL command line that I could share if it would help...
  --buck