        From:   rob@xxxxxxxxx [SMTP:rob@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent:   Thursday, July 10, 2003 8:12 AM
        To:     Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
        Subject:        RE: Deleting Users

        Many moons ago we discovered, (the hard way), that you want to
delete all
        users from OV/400 prior to removing it from your system.  Otherwise
it's
        nigh impossible, using the standard commands, to delete someone from
the
        system.  Seems the removal leaves certain files on your system that
have
        links directly to the user profiles.  And I believe that someone
actually
        hacked as to what these files may be.  Just don't confuse these
files with
        the files used by the WRKDIRE.  Oh, and by the way, deleting a user
        profile should automatically delete them from the system directory
        (WRKDIRE), at least it does on any version of OS that is currently
        supported.

temporary
        Benjamin Franklin

        "York, Albert" <albert.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        07/08/2003 05:40 PM
        Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion