Hi all,

In RPG cycle, at What point of time, the Initialization of variables take
place?  The DATFMT keyword in D spec overrides the DATFMT Keyword in H spec.
I believe i am right. If the date variable DAT1 is initialized with a valid
date value and it has the format specified in the D spec.

I know, the DATFMT keyword specified in the D spec will have the effect on
that date variable in the calculation time.
but, I dont understand, why the compiler does not consider the DATFMT
keyword in D spec while doing initialization.

0000.40      1 H DATFMT(*ISO)

0000.41      2 D DAT1            S               D   DATFMT(*MDY)
INZ(D'07/25/03')
0000.42 ======>
0000.43 ======>
bbbbbbbbbbb
0000.44 *RNF0305 20 a      000100  The value D'07/25/03' is not a valid
*ISO- Date literal.
0000.45 *RNF3492 20 b      000100  Initialization value D'0001-01-01' for
field DAT1 is not in
0000.46                            years 1940 - 2039.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance
Murugesh