Ditto.

We attached a 3581 Ultrium Tape without powering down our iSeries 830.  (Not
claiming it was a piece of cake, I had to call the Support Center because there
were a few problems in the Installation and Customization instructions-- we got
the
"customer set up" flavor.)  In just a few moments, the support tech talked me
through a DST procedure to IPL the IOP and the system kept chugging along
without a
hiccup.