If you're on V5R2 another alternative if you can't change the application
(which is by far the best solution) would be to use the new Reply Handling
Exit Program (found in the Information Center under Programming/APIs/APIs
by category/Message Handling/Reply Handling).  I just wrote a quick test
case where I replace the default (Enter) value with 'D' for RPG0102.  You
would need to check for more messages, but this might do the trick for you
so long as you know what errors are possible.

One warning.  The Information Center is being updated to reflect that debug
breakpoints do not work when using this exit point, so developing the exit
program should be done on a development system (or one where any errors in
the exit program will not cause major problems with production work).  This
lack of debug support is most likely going to be a permanent restriction
due to some system internals that I'm not going to get into).

Bruce

                      "Booth Martin"

                      <Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>        To:
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                    cc:

                      midrange-l-bounces@x        Subject:  Re: Catching errors
on user screens
                      idrange.com

                      06/26/2003 08:58 AM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

In a similar situation with the mandate of "we don't modify vendor code" I
used a trigger on the file with the disasters.  At least that way I could
stop their program and alert them.    In that instance I used a *BEFORE
trigger and if they were using invalid data I could have them do it over
and
over til they got it right.  The audit journals were inaccurate for that
entry of course but the client preferred that to busted production.  In
your
instance I suppose you could have a message sent to your screen saying "Go
see User X.  S/He's doing it agaIn"

Booth Martin   http://www.MartinVT.com
Booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx