Dave,

Can you give more details on your hardware?  If you currently have
non-configured disk units or can add these units without powering down
the machine, you might be able to accomplish this.  Even if theoretically
possible however, I have a high level of discomfort here.  I would rather
do the job in DST on a dedicated system.

If it can be done and the disks are unconfigured and on your system, you
should be able to bring up DST (or the disk pool wizard within OpsNav)
while your system is running and just do the job.  If it is not allowed,
then it won't let you.  You probably wouldn't hurt anything in the
attempt.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse