Hi folks

We've hit a weird problem using SAVRSTOBJ on one of our 730s (V5R1). It
worked fine last week, but now we get errors. The escape message sent
back is CPDAD8D -

        An error occurred during the SAVRSTOBJ operation.
        The condition code of 1 indicates a specific error.
        1 -- An error occurred during the save operation.

and in the joblog there is an earlier escape message CPF8911 -

Message . . . . :   Communications failure. Session was not started.
Cause . . . . . :   The system has detected a communications failure.
        The sense code is X'080F6051'.
Recovery  . . . :   If the sense data is not all zeros, find the
        possible cause of the error in SNA Formats, GA27-3136.
         Then do the following:
        -- See the previously listed messages in the job log.
        -- See the previously listed messages in the history log, the
        system operator message queue, and the subsystem job log on
        the remote system.
        Correct the error and try the request again.

There is nothing else in the job log, nothing in the history log or in
QSYSOPR messages, and nothing in the joblog for the QCMN subsystem or
any of its prestart jobs on the remote box (another V5R1 730). I
eventually tracked down the SNA Formats manual which tells me about the
sense code -

080F      End User or LU Not Authorized:  The requesting end user or LU
          does not have the proper security authorization to access the
          requested resource.

    6051  Access Security Information Invalid:  The request
          specifies an Access Security Information field that is
          unacceptable to the receiver; for security reasons, no
          further detail on the error is provided.  This sense data
          is sent in FMH-7 or UNBIND.

which means nothing to me :( I particularly like (*not*) the "for
security reasons, no further detail on the error is provided."

SAVRSTOBJ from the other box to this one works fine, VFYAPPCCNN is happy
on both machines, DDM connections are fine, SNDNETSPLF & distribution
queues are working and the couple of dumb terminals connecting to it
also work ok. I haven't found *any* other communication or connection
issues on either box that could explain it. I'm hoping that an IPL of
the remote box this weekend will resolve it, as this box was IPLd last
night with no change, but in case it doesn't, does anyone have an idea
where to look next?

As a side issue, does SAVRSTOBJ only work via SNA, or can it be
configured to run direct over TCP/IP - and if so, how?

Regards, Martin
--
martin@xxxxxxxxxx  AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet  http://www.dbg400.net       /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /