BosaNova <www.bosweb.com> has so-called Ethernet terminals. I've not used their products but they're well-spoken of. These appliances are based on Linux, not MS Windows, according to the website. Prices are listed there.

HTH

Vern

At 03:05 PM 6/17/2003 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Chris,

In your reply to Fergal you mention "Do you have many 5250 terminals? If so, start thinking about replacing them. I like ethernet terminals with imbedded browsers."

Are you folks using this stuff ?

We are a distributor and the vast number of our devices are dumb terminals.
PC's have come down in price but are still hard to justify in certain areas
(not to mention software licensing.) so I'd appreciate any light you could
shed on this !

Thanks,

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Bipes
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 10:47 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: iSeries Upgrades ??

If you do not already have your applications converted to C/S of some sort
and still need 5250, then go enterprise.  Start converting your applications
to C/S and training your programming staff.  Decide on what product out
there will work best for your company.  Preferable one that will support
both 5250 interactive and batch C/S.  Do you have many 5250 terminals?  If
so, start thinking about replacing them.  I like ethernet terminals with
imbedded browsers.  Choose one that will work with the tool for conversion
you are looking at.  Hey I am in the same boat, only we took advantage of
Green Streak last year and have a system that we can upgrade the interactive
on.

You might look at a used 820 with an interactive feature that is
upgradeable.  I have seen several out there.

_______________________________________________ This is the Midrange Systems Technical Discussion (MIDRANGE-L) mailing list To post a message email: MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options, visit: http://lists.midrange.com/mailman/listinfo/midrange-l or email: MIDRANGE-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives at http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l.