Hello all,

Our 810 with FC 5700 Gigabit Ethernet (fiberglass) went
on production this week.
Is anybody else having problems with that Ethernet adapter ?

We are having problems with dropping telnet sessions and
wrong arp-table entries when using source-route bridging
over a madge Ringswitch acting as a transparent bridge.
This Switch is between a Token Ring segment with 200 users
and an Ethernet segment with about 150 users and some more
remote users on a WAN.
We are still migrating users from TR to Ethernet, all servers
are already on Ethernet, 2 AS/400's are on TokenRing, the
other 2 AS/400 are Ethernet machines.
We are on V5R2 with the 810, are current on PTFs and loaded
several microcode PTFs for TCP/IP  last week.
Local PCs have no problems in reaching pc servers, printers
and so on. We had massive problems in accesing LAN-attached
IBM Infoprint 17 and 21 printers when printing from the FC5700
Ethernet over the bridge to them, this was solved by a microcode
update for the printers coming out on wednesday this week.
We had to move two routers to remote locations form TR to
Ethernet, after this change they could work with the new 810
without any problems.

But, I liked to solve the reason of the odd behaviour of that Gigabit
Ethernet adapter, instead of moving everything else away from TR.

Any tips ?

Philipp